Privacy & Cookies Policy
True Connections Branding
Start here for an introduction to my legal pages in simple words.
Last updated 20 June 2022
The terms “I,” “me,” and “my” refer to Monika de Neef – True Connections Branding (“the Owner” respectively “TCB”).
The term the “Site” refers to https://monikadeneef.com and other related websites such as the course platform.
The terms “user,” “you,” and “your” refer to site visitors, customers, and any other users of my Site.
This Privacy & Cookies policy, along with the Terms & Conditions, Earnings & Testimonials Disclaimer, and Payment & Refund Policy, governs your access to and use of the Site, including any content, functionality and services offered on or through the Site, whether as a guest or a registered user.
Please read the policy carefully before you start to use the website. By using this Site or by clicking to accept or agree to the Terms & Conditions when this option is made available to you, you accept and agree to be bound and abide by the policy. If you do not want to agree to this Privacy & Cookies policy, you must not access or use the website.
Below you will find more information about:
- Who I am
- Application of this Privacy & Cookies Policy
- I want to comply with international regulations
- Your acceptance of terms
- About data collection
- What personal data I collect, and why I collect it
- I share your data with
- Basis of sharing
- How long I retain your data
- What rights you have over your data
- Where I sent your data
- How I protect your data.
Who I am
I, Monika de Neef, owner of TCB, has created this “Privacy & Cookies Policy” because I value any information given to me, and want you to know how I process it and use it. Your personal information is so important to me, and this document explains how I take care of it.
Application of this Privacy & Cookies Policy
This policy applies to data collection practices on the website monikadeneef.com, and any other websites connected to Monika de Neef - True Connections Branding, such as but not limited to the course platform.
It also applies to any information gathered offline, or in person.
I want to comply with international regulations
It is my aim to comply with international regulations in order to protect your data, such as but not limited to the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR).
Your acceptance of terms
By visiting any of my websites, you are agreeing to the terms of this Privacy & Cookies Policy and the related Terms & Conditions, Earnings & Testimonials Disclaimer, and Payment & Refund Policy. By providing me information online, you are also agreeing to the terms of this Privacy & Cookies Policy.
About data collection
I collect personal information because without your information, I can’t make a true connection and build a relationship with you.
Just looking at my website or social media content doesn’t require you to give me any information at all. It’s just there.
If you interact with my content (such as liking, commenting, or downloading), I do want and need to collect that information so I can send you the requested information and continue building a relationship with you.
If you’re not a client (yet) but interested, I often need your personal information to send you relevant free content and invitations to workshops, programmes and other offers based on your specific interests, so you can benefit (from the free content) and consider them (the invitations).
If you’re about to purchase or enrol, I need to know your payment details, what you have bought, and where to deliver it.
If you’re a client, I need to know where you are to reach you and deliver what I promise.
I only send information to people who ask for it, usually when you fill out a form on my website, or on one of the social media platforms that I show up on (Pinterest, for example), or when you make a purchase through my website or in a conversation with me.
What personal data I collect, and why I collect it
What I collect depends entirely on how you interact with me. I distance myself from “data mining” or “data buying”. As you interact with my website, I may collect the data you provide me, and automatically collect Technical & Usage Data about your equipment, browsing actions and patterns. I collect this personal data by using cookies and other similar technologies.
I may collect the following data from you:
1: Personal Identity, Contact & Marketing & Communications data
When you sign up to receive any of my communications, purchase any product (digital or otherwise) on enrol in my sessions, programmes or projects, complete any other online form (such as a contact form), or connect with me in order to keep in touch, you will need to supply all or some of the following information:
- first name
- last name
- email address
- user name or similar identifier
- values preference
- quiz results
- stage of your business
- email list and segmentation
- active automation (automated email series)
- marketing permission preference
- yes, keep me in the loop
- no, only contact me when really necessary
- none of the above
- email frequency data.
I do not collect any of this personal information from visitors to the website unless they provide such information voluntarily, such as signing up to receive further information or to join my mailing list.
In my emails, I won’t use false or misleading subjects or email addresses. Each email contains my full business name and address in the footer, and links to either update your personal information or to unsubscribe.
I believe in invitational authentic marketing. If I send information about an (upcoming) offer, I mention clearly at the top of the email that this email series is about an offer and allow you to unsubscribe from that series.
2: Application data
For some of my programmes and projects, I ask you to fill in an application form, which collects
- programme or project you’re interested in
- business name
- job title
- details about your business
- Zoom link
- social media handles
- website and social media data.
3: Order & Financial data
When you purchase anything from this website (or any of my other websites), you are required to provide me with certain information related to the sale.
In addition to the personal information outlined above, this may also include
- phone number
- postal address
- delivery address
- birth date
- credit card information (Stripe or Paypal)
- purchases you have made
- activation codes.
4: Other information
In addition to the information above, I may collect additional information through CRM, quizzes, polls, and survey tools, which could include the following:
- A) Profile data
additional information about yourself that you voluntarily provide through quiz, survey, video and email messaging, referral tool, such as
- brand archetype results
- opened 1-on-1 emails
- opened email campaigns
- automation status
- referral link.
- B) Technical & Usage data
Information from your activity on this or other websites I own, including but not limited to
- IP addresses (which may be traceable to a specific computer or device),
- browser type, version, and language
- operating system and platform
- time zone setting and location
- referring and exiting urls
- date and time
- amount of time spent on particular pages
- points collected through engagement in emails, article and page visits that indicate a potential readiness to buy or enrol.
- what sections of the websites you visit
- login data
- and other information about your device (including the type of device, network type, carrier and country location, and other similar data).
5: Marketing, Sales, and Communication data
Making a note of conversations I have had with you in person and/or communications you sent to me through my CRM or other video and email platforms.
- last opened email date
- last meeting date
- Offer related to interest or challenge (programmes, projects)
- Stage in sales process of becoming a client
- To contact
- currently in contact
- sent proposal
- second follow-up
When visitors leave comments on the sites, I collect
- the data shown in the comments form
- the visitor’s IP address and browser user agent string to help spam detection.
- Gravatar profile picture;
After approval of your comment, your profile picture is visible to the public in the context of your comment.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (exif gps) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website.
Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your browser (if you allow*). This enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognise your browser and capture and remember certain information.
- Understand your preferences and refer you to more relevant articles or offers.
- Get data about site visits and interactions in order to offer better site experiences. I may also use trusted third-party suppliers that track this information on my behalf.
- Remember you when you login in to your account.
Do you want to get a warning from your computer each time a cookie is being sent? Or do you want to turn off all cookies? You can do this through your browser settings. Look at your browser's Help Menu to learn the specific way to make any cookies settings changes in your browser.
If you leave a comment on the sites, you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience, so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, I will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser.
When you log in, I will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “remember me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post id of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
10: Embedded content from other websites
Articles on this site may include embedded content (e.g. videos, images, articles, etc.). Embedded content from other websites behaves in the exact same way as if the visitor has visited the other website.
For more information on Google Analytics, including how to opt out from certain data collection, please visit https://www.google.com/analytics and https://policies.google.com/privacy
Please be advised that if you opt out of any service, you may not be able to use the full functionality of the websites.
I share your data with
I use your personal information, order information, other information (and any other types of information as specified above) to provide my products, services and online programmes, fulfil orders and purchases, conduct promotional campaigns, maintain my websites and services to you, ask for your feedback, and inform you of any products or services I am able to offer you.
I may also use and share the information in one of the following ways:
- When required to process your purchase or provide additional support.
- With third-party promotional and marketing partners, on rare occasion.
- With third-party companies who provide or process order fulfilment, technical assistance, or other services that will help me provide a better service to you.
- To the extent permitted by law, I may also disclose the information: (i) when required by law, court order, or other government or law enforcement authority or regulatory agency; or (ii) whenever I believe that disclosing such information is necessary or advisable, for example, to protect the rights, property, or safety of Monika de Neef - True Connections Branding or others.
Basis of sharing
Please remember that any information you provide me is given by you on a voluntary basis. Any information you share publicly whilst on one of my websites or in online meetings such as Zoom - https://explore.zoom.us/en/privacy/ - may be seen by others (such as in chat rooms, webinars or comment or chat area) – so bear that in mind when sharing. Monika de Neef - True Connections Branding is not responsible for any unauthorized third-party use of such information.
How long I retain your data
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so I can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on my websites (if any), I also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
What rights you have over your data
In each email, the Unsubscribe link allows you to opt-out of any emails. In promotional emails there's a button that links to opting out for the promotional automation series. For the 260 daily Waypoints emails this opting out of the automation series is given in between and at the end of the series. And in each email there's an Unsubscribe link to opt out of the database completely.
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data I hold about you, including any data you have provided to you. You can also request that I erase any personal data I hold about you. This does not include any data I am obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Where I sent your data
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
How I protect your data
I take all commercially reasonable steps to protect your information from loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction. Please bear in mind, however, that with all the best will in the world – information can easily fall into the wrong hands. I cannot guarantee the security of third-party databases, nor can I guarantee that the information you supply will not be intercepted while being transmitted to and from me over the internet. In particular, email sent to or from my websites may not be secure, and I would encourage you to take care in deciding which information you send to me via email.
Changes to this Privacy & Cookies Policy
The link to this Privacy & Cookies Policy is added to the footer of the Site, that is visible on every page.
Questions or queries
If you have any questions, concerns, feedback, or thoughts about this Privacy & Cookies Policy, please contact me via email at [email protected].
Other legal pages
- https://www.activecampaign.com/legal (email/CRM)
- https://dropfunnels.com/legal-disclaimer (website/survey)
- https://en.gravatar.com/support/data-privacy (avatar verified identity)
- https://www.tryinteract.com/privacy (survey)
- https://forms.google.com (survey)
- https://www.loom.com/privacy (video recording)
- https://vimeo.com/privacy (video recording)
- Videoask selection of legal pages: https://admin.typeform.com/to/eWpkapYC (video communication)
- https://www.bonjoro.com/privacy-policy (video communication)
- https://upviral.com/privacy-policy (referral/word-of-mouth)
- https://calendly.com/privacy (appointment scheduling)
- https://www.oncehub.com/trustcenter/legal/privacynotice (appointment scheduling)
- https://help.teachery.co/en/articles/4429099-teachery-privacy-policy (course platform)
- https://stripe.com/en-nz/privacy (payment provider)
- https://about.pypl.com/how-we-work/trust-and-privacy/default.aspx (payment provider)
- https://policies.google.com/privacy (Google Analytics)
- https://explore.zoom.us/en/privacy (video conferencing)
- https://easywebinar.com/privacy (webinars).
True Connections Branding
Monika de Neef, founder and owner
Postal address: 1 Moncrieff Avenue, Britannia Heights, Nelson 7010, New Zealand.
Read, Watch & Learn
Article 1 - coming soon
Article 2 - coming soon
Article 3 - coming soon
Article 4 - coming soon